Saturday 11 April 2009

Northumberland



We went up to Northumberland last weekend. Amazing coast and loads of Castles. There everywhere. This shot was from Holy Island car park of Lindisfarn. I was lucky enough to be there as a storm brewed and sunlight lit up the castle really nicely. I love the tree in the foreground but I think it's a little confusing as it draws your eye away from the castle... I'll drop it out in the week when I have my tablet. I also like the black wall pointing towards the castle and the birds flying around.



The wind was incredible on the first day. The picture above captures it, I've never seen anything like it. It was like we were standing in the sea. I like the crop above with the sharp streak of black sea pointing to the people in the distance. Hopefully more to come....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are both beautiful.

Duncan Astbury said...

Interesting shots. For me the second one works better, perhaps as its simpler. On the first one I would leave the tree and worry more about the various spots (rain drops?).