Tuesday 11 November 2008

TAoP Project 2 cont...

I decided to try another 3 shots for this.... All shots were f2.8, 1/60, 70mm, iso1000

I like the first shot as again it has an obvious depth of field before and after the gravestone I've focused on. The others work fine but I found the textures on the 2nd gravestone away from you was the nicest. I noticed that because I was further away from the subject the area in focus at f2.8 was greater than on the lolly pop images (showing off the litchen and moss). The effect is a lot subtler but still draws the viewer to were you want them.

2 comments:

Duncan Astbury said...

I also used gravestones for some of these early projects (great minds think alike). I like your shots but find the stone at the very right distracts a little, perhaps using portrait orientation would be even better.

Bruce Gill said...

Thanks Duncan! I know what you mean, the more I look I realise the image is also cut in half because of that pesky right hand gravestone. Portrait would be much better. also maybe I'll use a flash to get the background darker and hopefully a little less interfering.