Thursday 6 November 2008

TAoP Project 1

So here's the 3 images for project one!



The first image is at 12mm, second at 70mm and the third at 200mm
It was interesting to find that 70mm is almost exactly the same as your own eyes view.

I also found that 70mm with one lens was slightly different from 70mm on another. This change of lens also showed me there was a considerable difference in the light coming through these lenses (28-70 f2 and a 70-200 f2) I suppose looking at them there would be an obvious difference as one's compact and the other is huge. I'd just never thought about it before.

I'm awaiting the prints for these to see how that side works... I'm interested to see the optimum viewing point of the images produced.

I have to say that initially I'd thought this project would be a waste of time but inevitably I found a few things out about the lenses I have that I wouldn't have found otherwise. The 70-200 lens seems to produce an image with more contrast which is really nice when you shoot on a hi iso speed. I've attached an image of a brick wall that's got a really nice feel to (in my opinion) from this lens. It's had a little colour work in Photoshop but not to much. just a slow shutter speed and big aperture with a grainy fast ISO.

1 comment:

Bruce Gill said...

I cant figure out if i'm wrong on the standard zoom length. I found 70mm was almost spot on but read that 50mm is? I have a Canon 5D so I'm guessing it has something to do with sensor size. I'll have to try this again. Maybe I could find a vaguely interesting shot this time to?!?!